M. B. B. S.
Last Updated On: 22 Aug 2016 09:40 AM
The Schedule of Admissions to
MBBS/BDS shall be as follows:
The qualified candidates whose names are included in the merit list, prepared on the basis of marks obtained by them in Physics, Chemistry and Biology took together at the NEET-2016, and who fulfill the eligibility criteria, mentioned in paragraphs 4.1 and 4.2 shall attend the on-the-spot - admission session as per the following tentative schedule:
Only those candidates who have secured at least 50 percent marks in the NEET-2016 shall be considered eligible for provisional admission to the MBBS/BDS course as per the Merit list.
Merit list of candidates will be displayed on the Vidyapeeth notice board and published on the website of the Vidyapeeth: www.dpu.edu.in Students should note that no changes or adjustments shall be made in the admission schedule mentioned above.
A large number of candidates appear in several entrance tests in the country and many of the candidates, who figure in the merit list of this Vidyapeeth, may not eventually seek admission. Considering this, the Vidyapeeth asks the qualified candidates to attend the counseling session as stated above This is almost three times the number of intake capacity. Consequently, it may happen in the case of some candidates that all the available seats will be filled in before their turn comes. The admission process stops once the number of seats available is filled in.
- The admission sessions will be conducted at the office of the Vidyapeeth, as per the schedule. Failure to report for admission on the scheduled date and time shall result in instantaneous cancellation of the claim of the candidate to the seat. It shall be the candidate's responsibility to ascertain the result of NEET -2016.
- Only the candidate and one of his/her parents/guardian shall be allowed into the admission hall. The candidates shall be called in, in the order of their ranking in the merit list.
- The candidate should note that appearance at NEET-2016 and inclusion of name in the merit list do not necessarily mean that he/she shall get admission to the course. His/her admission to the course shall depend upon the availability of seat at the time of his/her turn for admission.
- At the time of reporting for the admission, the candidate shall produce the documents (original and two sets of photocopies) and an affidavit as indicated on the University website. If the candidate is admitted to the course, these documents shall be retained by the University till he/she completes the course. If the candidate fails to produce all or any of these documents, his/her claim for a seat shall instantaneously stand forfeited.
- The selected candidate shall be required to pay the entire amount of tuition fee and such other fees as decided by the Vidyapeeth, on the day of spot admission itself, through a bank draft drawn on a nationalized bank favouring the Registrar, Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, payable at Pune. In case, the candidate fails to pay the entire amount of fees, he / she shall lose his / her claim for admission to that seat.
- In case the candidate is not certain about the course to which he / she would be admitted, separate D. D.s. for the sum of MBBS/BDS fees and the difference between MBBS/BDS courses and the D. D. for University Eligibility fees should be brought, while attending the counseling session.
- If any candidate finds it impossible to be physically present for the admission session due to unavoidable circumstances, he/she may authorize any other responsible individual to represent him/her for admission session. This representative must carry with him/her a letter of authorisation, in the format available on the University website, as well as all the documents required. If the candidate or his/her representative fails to report for the admission session on the date and time mentioned in the schedule of admission, his/her claim for admission to the course shall stand forfeited.
- Admissions made at the admission sessions are provisional, subject to verification of eligibility by the Vidyapeeth.