Application / Admission Procedure
- Post Graduate aspirant will be required to submit prescribed form of the AIPGMET-2014, available on the Vidyapeeth website and/or included in information brochure.
- Information brochure along with blank application form will also
be available at the University Office on payment of Rs. 1,500/- Cash or DD in
favour of “The Registrar, Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune”, payable at Pune
drawn on a Nationalized/Scheduled Bank.
- Candidates should fill in the application form in his/her own handwriting clearly and legibly.
- The Examination Fee for AIPGMET-2014 is Rs. 2,000/- which should be paid at the time of submission of application form in the form of DD drawn on a Nationalized Bank in favour of “The Registrar, Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune”, payable at Pune.
The downloaded Application Form, duly filled in, along with necessary documents and a demand draft of Rs. 3,750/- (covering Form Fee + Test Fee + Postage) should reach the University office before the last date of submission of form.
- The candidate should submit photocopies of the following documents along with the application form:
|1. ||Statement of Marks of I, II, III, MBBS examination ||6 .||Age and Nationality Certificate|
|2. ||Attempt Certificate ||7. ||Bonafide Certificate from Dean|
|3. ||MBBS Degree/Passing Certificate ||8. ||Transfer Certificate|
|4. ||Internship Completion Certificate ||9.|| Migration Certificate|
|5. ||Registration Certificate (MCI/State MC) ||10. ||Proof of Date of Birth|
Two recent photographs, taken form same negative, without cap or goggles, taken within last six months should be pasted: one on the application form and the other on the Admit Card, duly attested by the Principal/Dean of the College or any Gazetted Officer.
Last date of submission : 09/01/2014
- The candidate is requested to read the information carefully and get acquainted with all the necessary information before filling the application form. The candidate should ensure that the right and correct postal address is written in the application form. The Vidyapeeth shall not be responsible for loss of any communication due to incorrect Address/Phone/Mobile Nos. given by the candidate. The candidate should send his/her application form by Registered Post A.D. or through Courier or hand it over in person at the office of Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Sant Tukaram Nagar, Pimpri, Pune 411 018, so as to reach the Vidyapeeth on or before the last date of submission of forms. The candidate should clearly mention the choice of subject on the application form. The choice of course made by the candidate is final and binding and will not be altered later under any circumstances.
- The candidate shall fill the relevant information in the Admit Card, included in this information brochure and dispatch the same to the University along with his/her entrance test application form.
- The Admit Card will be sent by post/courier on the address of the candidate two weeks before the entrance test.
In case, the candidate does not receive the admit card of the admit card is lost, he/she should contact the Controller of Examinations (Ph. No. 020-27420156) Office, Pune immediately for the issue of duplicate Admit Card.
- Issue of Admit Card is just an enabling provision for appearing AIPGMET-2014 and does not imply that the candidate satisfies all the requirements of eligibility of the admission.
- Competent Authority means the Officer so designated by the Vice Chancellor of Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pimpri, Pune - 18.
- Internship means 12 months compulsory rotating internship after passing the MBBS examination as per the norms laid down by the Medical Council of India (“MCI”).
- Co-ordination Committee means a Committee constituted by the Hon'ble Vice Chancellor of Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth for conducting the Entrance Test for the selection of students for admission to Postgraduate Courses.
- Recognized Qualification means the Degree of MBBS obtained from any Medical College or Institution in India, recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Registration means registration of MBBS qualification with the State Medical Council/MCI after completion of internship.
- Postgraduate Teacher means the Medical Teacher recognized as a Post Graduate Teacher by the University/Medical Council of India
- Candidate should obtain 50% or more marks at AIPGMET-2014 to qualify for admission.
- The provisional selection for the General Seats in the Post Graduate Courses will be done on the basis of merit in All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test (AIPGMET-2014).
- When all the Seats in a given Course are filled admission of students to that Course will instantaneously cease and Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune, will not be responsible for non-availability of seats and non allotment of seats to rest of the candidates.
Subsequent Selection Round
The notification will be published on the Vidyapeeth website and displayed on the Notice Board of Padmashree Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College for the subsequent selection round, to be conducted by the Competent Authority for vacant seats, where candidate has not joined or cancelled his/her admission.
The candidates seeking admission to the course of the Vidyapeeth is warned against possible cheating by unscrupulous person(s), who may promise and assure seat by extracting large sums of money, from the parents/candidates. The Vidyapeeth has not appointed any such agent(s). The Vidyapeeth shall not, in any way be responsible for the misdeeds of such persons.
Ragging in any form is a punishable offence in accordance with the “UGC REGULATIONS ON CURBING THE MENACE OF RAGGING IN HIGHER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS, 2009” and committing this act of indiscipline shall result in – PUNISHMENT UNDER THE PROVISION OF ANY PENAL LAW FOR THE TIME BEING IN FORCE.
Candidates, on admission, will be provided with detailed guidelines related to ragging.
Hostel & Mess facilities with Air- conditioned rooms with Telephone and Internet facilities are available.
It is compulsory on the
1st year of admission.
Any legal dispute arising out of the admission procedure of the course and refund of fees of the Vidyapeeth shall be under Pimpri jurisdiction only.
Difference of opinion and any dispute arising in the interpretation and implementation of the clauses in the brochure, if any, shall be referred to the Vice chancellor of Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune and his/her decision shall be final and binding on all the concerned.
Undertaking and Bond
Selected Candidate for the Postgraduate Course will be required to submit a bond for payment of fees for a total of three years, even if the course is not completed by him/her.
If any, candidate/authorized representative or accompanying person is found obstructing the admission process/trying to influence it in an unlawful manner/creating nuisance, he/she shall be liable for disqualification from the process of selection. The decision taken by the Vice-Chancellor in this respect shall be final and binding. The selected candidate shall abide by the disciplinary rules of the Institution & Vidyapeeth.
Conduct of the Entrance Test (AIPGMET-2014)
- The candidate shall attend AIPGMET-2014 at his/her own cost.
- The candidate shall not bring cellular (mobile) phone, pager, calculator, etc. in the Examination Hall.
- No marks will be assigned where there is overwriting, scratching, double marking, or multiple answers.
- The examination medium will be English.
Scheme of Entrance Test
- Marks: Maximum Marks 300.
- Questions: 300 Objectives type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Each MCQ will have four answer options with a single best response.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking.
- Standard (level) of the test: MBBS examination standard.
- Subjects: All subjects of MBBS Course.
|Subject ||No. of MCQs
|Preventive & Social Medicine ||30
|Skin & VD ||07
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology ||20
Result & Merit List
- The merit list will be displayed on the Notice Board of Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre and will also be available on Vidyapeeth website at www.dpu.edu.in
- Results of the individual candidate will not be communicated on telephone or by post.
- There shall be no rechecking/revaluation of answer sheets and verification of marks of the AIPGMET-2014.
Tie-Break for Equal Marks
In case two or more students obtain an equal number of marks at the entrance test AIPGMET-2014, i.e., in case of a tie, the following procedure shall be adopted for deciding the final merit: If there is a tie between two or more candidates having equal number of marks at the entrance test –
First Level : The candidate, having more marks in the final year of MBBS examination shall be preferred. If the tie still persists,
Second Level : The candidate, having higher aggregate marks in all the University examinations of MBBS course shall be preferred. If the tie still persists, then
Third Level : The candidate, having more marks in the subject of his/her choice (for PG) at the University examination of the MBBS course shall be preferred.
Counselling and Admissions
A reasonable number of qualified candidates, as per the merit list, shall be called for Counseling and Admissions by the Competent Authority.
The candidate shall produce originals of the required Certificates at the time of counseling and admission.
The selection to the course shall be done on the basis of merit-cum-preference given by the candidate.
The selected candidate will have to join the course on or before 01/04/2014. The admission will be made on provisional basis. The candidate has to give an undertaking for completion of the Course.
Student shall submit the Eligibility form to the Vidyapeeth at the time of joining the course and the admission confirmation shall be subject to grant of eligibility by the Vidyapeeth.