Only the candidate, who satisfies the following eligibility requirements for admission to the courses shall be considered eligible for admission.
The Central Board of Secondary Education will prepare an All India Ranking of successful candidates of NEET - 2016 on the basis of the eligibility criteria provided by the Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India as given in Graduate Medical Education Regulations-1997 issued under Indian Medical Council Act-1956 and BDS Course Regulations, 2007 under the Dentists Act, 1948. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
A. Nationality and Age
The candidate, seeking admission shall be Indian national and shall have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2016, i.e. he/she should have been born before 1st January 2000.
B. Qualifications for M.B.B.S.
- In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses for a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum of marks at 50th percentile in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test to MBBS/BDS Courses held for the said academic year. However, in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, the minimum marks shall be at 40th percentile. In respect of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs terms of Clause 4(a) iv above, the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile. The percentile shall be determined on the basis of highest marks secured in the All India common merit list in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
- Provided when sufficient number of candidates in the respective categories fail to secure minimum marks as prescribed in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test held for any academic year for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses, the Central Government in consultation with Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India may at its discretion lower the minimum marks required for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses for candidates belonging to respective categories and marks so lowered by the Central Government shall be applicable for the said academic year only.
- To be eligible for the admission to MBBS/BDS Courses, a candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology at the Qualifying Examination as mentioned in Graduate Medical Education Regulations 1997 and BDS Course Regulations, 2007 and in addition must have come in the merit list of National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for admission MBBS/BDS Courses. In respect of the candidates belonging to the SC, ST and OBC category the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology taken in qualifying examination and competitive examination (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) be 40% marks instead of 50%. In respect of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for Gen-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST- PH/OBC-PH are required.
A list of the successful candidates in order of All India Rank based on the score obtained in the examination will be prepared by the CBSE .
Annual fee structure for the candidate, admitted to the course, under different categories shall be as follows:
| Course || General Category (Rs.) || NRI/PIO/FN Category(US$) || Hostel Fee |
| M.B.B.S. || will be updated soon || ---- || --- |
The Annual Fee shall be increased by 3% each year except NRI/PIO/FN Category
TheAnnual fee for the first year MBBS/BDS is to be paid by the student at the time of counselling and on-the-spot admission session by a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of the Dean, Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College, Hospital and Reserch Centre, Pimpri, Pune for MBBS and the Dean, Dr. D. Y. Patil Dental College and Hospital, Pimpri, Pune for BDS payable at Pune.
University Eligibility & Registration Fee (One-time Fee)
Fifteen Percent of the Annual Fee, payable for the first year only, shall be paid by the student separately at the time of filling in the Eligibility Application, as University Eligibility & Registration Fee, which shall be paid by the Demand Draft (DD) Drawn in favour of the "Registrar, Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pimpri", payable at Pune. (Note: The University Eligibility & Registration Fee is non refundable.)
University Examination Fee
In addition to the above fees the student shall pay the University Examination Fee as prescribed by the University from time to time. Other conditions and formalities shall be as per the Rules of the University
Hostel Fees shall be charged extra as prescribed by the CompetentAuthority.
Rules for Refund of Fees
- Admission to the course can be cancelled at the request of the student, on submission of an application, within time.
- The Student applying for cancellation of the admission on or before the last date of admission, he will be entitled to get refund of fees except administrative charges, provided seat is filled.